I recently met with Teneika Askew, Head of People Analytics at Mozilla, to discuss how to utilize data for effective visualization and creating data stories that enable decision-makers to take action.
Here’s the full interview:
Get the bonus Q&A with the audience by visiting GreatTechPros.com.
Here are some short video clips of topics discussed:
- What has changed in Business Analytics?
- What is your approach to creating data visualizations?
- Free/Low cost data visualization tools for small businesses.
- What type of data visualization recommendations do you offer to larger businesses that do not have tool/platform preferences?
- What were you doing with CDC?
- What drove you to Analytics & Data Visualization as a Career?
- You can connect with Teneika on her website, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Tools include PowerQuery, PowerBI, Tableau, Google Data Studio and SAP Tools.
- Though it is important to implement a new platform/solution, it is equally as important to inform and educate end-users on how to utilize the new platform or solution.
- Every career/job has a data component – Do make an effort to learn how to utilize data as a skill. Doing so will enhance your skill-set and help you enhance your career.
- College students should look into scholarship, internship and other opportunities offered by their university like the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and INROADS internships.
- For those who are new to data visualizations, start with Microsoft Excel, work to graduate from a beginner Excel user to an advanced Excel user, then learn Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Microsoft currently offers free Power BI training, Tableau Prep & Tableau Desktop are not free unless you are a student, freeCodeCamp and SimpliLearn.